Urine turning orange color, white stools, nausea and hives after using methotrexate. High liver enzymes. Possible liver damage?

I was on methotrexate and began to notice my urine turning orange, the whites of my eyes turning orange, my stools turning whitish, nausea, hives and not able to eat. I suspected this was not the flu going around. I had blood tested the week before, but could not get results. I stoppped weekly dose of methotrexate and eventually got blood results and it was confirmed I had a high liver function test result. I m to get retest of liver function in a week. Will I have been able to escape any permanent damage? Thank you
Wed, 17 Jul 2013
Hi and welcome to Healthcare magic.Thank you for the query.
It sounds like liver damage and you need to find the exact cause. This is most commonlyalcoholic, viral or autoimmune hepatitis so rule out these first by ultrasound, and liver biopsy. If ther eis no sign of cirrhosis then this is not permanent damage and is treatable. If there is cirrhosis then this could be something more serious.
Wish you good health. Regards