Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Pain in hips and front of groin. Having osteoarthritis. Suggest treatment

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
I went to my doctor to see about my hip suddenly buckling and pain that has increased in frequency and pain. She says it's the tendon and to stretch it because I I don't have inner groin pain. She didn't listen it hurts in the front groin and NOT my knee doesn't hurt nor my calves or hamstring. I have have osteoarthritis and moderate to severe disc degeneration in my back (lower being the worst). I read on this problems and am saddened her stretching does not cause pain but I'm still buckling with severe pain. It's sadly returning my back pain to severe again just after finally my last round of shots for my back took and was rreturning to normal activities. Plus she has severely limited my activities again. I'm feeling real pain and finding depression.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Difficult to tell exactly what might be causing Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Thanks for posting your query, I feel so sorry for your health troubles and I understand that you must be going through some tough time trying to figure out first what is causing this sudden pain and also how you can feel better with treatment? You must be asking yourself a million questions and all I will have to do now is try giving you some guidance based on the information you have provided. I suspect that your pain is neuralgia or nerve pain due to damaged nerve (wear and tear or aging can lead to this). Given that, the symptoms such as you describe are unspecific, it will be hard/difficult to tell what diseases conditions might responsible without running some tests and conducting a full medical exams ( a Rheumatologist should be able to help you with this). Given the scenerio, stretching or non-stretching exercise may not be able to help as the pain seems to be inflammatory rather than mechanical which means that you will require a long term use of antiinflammatory (steroidal or non-steroidal) associated to antidepressant (tricyclic antidepressant) which an help both for a nerve damage pain and your depression. Other antineuralgic medications can be included. You may need a physical therapist or chiropractor to assist with the pain. I also recommend you seeing a neuropsychiatrist. Your problem might need a doctor who has a lot of tact and understanding of such situations. Hope this helps and wish you the best. Feel free to write back with follow-up questions. Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor