Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Movable painless lump in the groin area after injury. Blood test report normal. Anything to be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12715 Questions
I have a lump , soft and painless and movable in the groin area. It is actually in the area of pubic hair and not exactly in the crease. I had a blood test done and everything came out negative for infections. I was doing a lot of biking ( stationery) spinning classes and actually injured the very area that is affected. Is it possible that I damaged a lymph node in the process of this. I really hurt that area badly. I am not tired, sick or have night sweats or fevers.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 52 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
A soft movable painless lump in the area of pubic hair after an injury is likely to be a soft tissue swelling due to the localised tissue injury and bleeding. A damaged lymph node is not likely to swell up. Rather an intact lymph node can show such a swelling due to an infection in the leg or foot.
If the swelling is due to injury, then it is likely to resolve on its own in 3-4 weeks.
If it is a swollen lymph node then a fine needle aspiration cytology needs to be done to know the cause of swelling. Other likely possibilities are a sebaceous cyst or a lipoma.
A direct examination is needed to differentiate these. I suggest you to see your doctor for localised examination of the lump. You may plan the necessary procedure after discussing with him.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor