Are lumps on the chest and breast associated with hiatus hernia?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 18 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have pain in the center of my chest near the bottom of my ribcage. sometimes it hurts and burns at the same time. I also have several lumps on my chest and in my left breast. they usually don't bother me but when I get cold they hurt until I warm up again. I have been told I have a hiatal hernia and I believe that is part of the symptoms but the lumps do cause me some concern. I would welcome any thoughts you may have.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be fibroma or lipoma.

Detailed Answer:
The lumps on the chest and breast are not related to hiatus hernia. The pain in the bottom of the ribcage is related to hernia. The swellings that you have can be soft tissue swellings like lipoma or fibromas. Direct examination and investigations like FNAC and a mammogram can help in proper diagnosis.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T