Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Minimal prostrate enlargement, ominic, burning in testicles, penis. Herbal treatment ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 662 Questions
I have minimal prostate enlargement, doctor gave me ominic to use, now I have burning in the prostate area testicle and pinis, he gave antibiotic but does no work may be does not fit my body I mean this antibiotic , my psa is only 0.3 what I have to take herbal only
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Follow-up: Minimal prostrate enlargement, ominic, burning in testicles, penis. Herbal treatment ? 4 minutes later
also I have pain after bowl in the area of prostate no pain and burning in the testicles and pinis and pain round the rectum
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 6 hours later

Thanks for the query,

Well from your history it is clear that you are suffering from either BPH (BENIGN HYPERTROPHY OF PROSTATE) or Prostatitis. It is a benign condition and the symptoms generally includes urgency and difficulty in urination.

Many a time the person develops the symptoms of pain, and burning sensation during urination, these symptoms suggest infection of either testes, epididymis or prostate itself, and this is common in the patients of BPH. The PSA levels are not worrisome in your case.

What is to be done?
1- Drink plenty of water.
2- Maintain personal hygiene.
3- You may need a course of antibiotic of fluoroquinolone group. Herbal drugs would not help.
4- Take Urinary Analgesics recommended by doctor.
5- A cranberry extract can help in the form of juices you may find in general stores.

All under the supervision of of your urologist. Your urologist may advise some investigations like KUB pelvis or ct scan pelvis.

Dont worry, for your symptoms it is clear that you are suffering from minor entity, and you will be all rite in next 7-10 days days.

Hope this will help you and let me know if you have any follow up questions

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor