What does pain at the base of the penis indicate while using a catheter?
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Using Xylocaine Jelly like Xylocaine will help to reduce pain & discomfort
Thanks for query .
Pain the you get after self catheterization is due to trivial injury to delicate Urethra caused by catheter .
Ideally one has to use local anesthetic jelly like Xylocaine jelly before putting the catheter .Introduce 2-3 ml of jelly in urethra and wait for at least 10 minutes to let the urethra get anesthetized and then proceed to put the catheter gently .
This will help to reduce the discomfort and pain after catheterization .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
It is the safest way to avoid urethra from being damaged
Thanks for follow up .
Lubricating urethra with Xylocaine Jelly prior to catheterization is the most important aspect of self catheterization to avoid long term complications like getting stricture urethra and pain post catheterization .
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain bowel movement catheter
- Groin pain after arterial catheter
- Swollen penis with catheter
- Slimy stuff around catheter on penis
- What causes numbness and pain after a catheter ablation
- Pain due to word catheter
- Catheter fever shivering leg pain
- Catheter in bartholin gland painful
- Pain in catheter after bowel movement
- Pain after catheter removed
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?