Is cansoft cl safe to take for vaginal infection during pregnancy?
i am 24 weeks pregnant and i had internal examination of my vagina from the nurse and she told me that i have some vaginal infection as i had some greenish discharge and she also took the sample of that greenish discharge.
i dont have any discharge otherwise.
also i have a lot of back ache from the last two days.
after that i had an ultrasound and the ultrasound was perfect.
the cervix is 35 mm and baby weight is 630 grams.
my baby had been kicking a lot from the last two days but kicked little less today.
my doctor gave me the following medicines:
1) cansoft cl vaginally
2) tab metrogyl 400
3) azithral 500 mg
4) duvadilan retard 40 mg
i hope these medicines are safe?
i am allergic to anything i take vaginally i hope cansoft cl does not have side effects?
ABOVE MEDICINES ARE QUITE SAFE.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) At this stage of pregnancy (24 weeks), above medications are quite safe and effective to treat vaginal infection along with back pain. You can use hot water bag around low back region to get some comfort. You must walk for 1/2 hr daily and take adequate bed rest 8-10 hrs/ day in left lateral position.
2) CANSOFT-CL is vaginal suppository and have some side effects like burning sensation, irritation, allergic reaction, diarrhea, dermatitis etc. However, it varies from women to women. You must consult with your doctor if you feel irritation or allergic reaction following insertion inside vagina.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health and successful motherhood.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
what are the symptoms of contraction pains?
MILD ABDOMINAL OR BACK PAIN IS NORMAL THING.
Thanks for follow up query.
Mild abdominal cramp is due to uterine contraction and low back pain is due to relaxation of pelvic ligaments by RELAXIN hormone. These are quite COMMON in pregnancy period. You shouldn't be worried about them.
If contractions are frequent/ regular/ rhythmic/ constant (from low back to lower abdomen), then you should contact with your doctor for checkup and pelvic examination. As your current obstetric ultrasound scan report is NORMAL, you have NOTHING to worry regarding this or preterm labor pain.
You should take above prescribed medications and maintain genital hygiene. Do periodic check up to your doctor.
Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion.
Good luck and all the best.
My vitamin d is low at 13.4 ng/ ml reference range is (30 - 100)
My haemoglobin is 11 little low
N blood fasting sugar is 66
Will so low vitamin d affect my baby ?
LOW VIT-D CAN AFFECT UNBORN BABY.
Thanks for additional query.
Your body needs vitamin D to maintain proper levels of calcium and phosphorus, which help build your baby's bones and teeth. Low vitamin D during pregnancy can cause growth retardation and skeletal deformities. It also has an impact on birth weight.
Vitamin D deficiency during pregnancy can lead to deficiency of vitamin in your baby at birth. This can put her at risk for rickets (which can lead to fractures and deformity), abnormal bone growth, and delayed physical development.
A deficiency of vitamin D has also been linked to a greater risk of pregnancy complications, including pre-eclampsia and a higher likelihood of an expectant mother needing a c-section.
I would recommend that pregnant women take a supplement of 4,000 IU of vitamin D a day and 6,000 IU daily during lactation. You should take Vitamin D enriched foods like salmon fish, tuna, egg yolk, orange juice, fortified skimmed milk, fortified ready-to-eat cereal, cheese, yogurt etc.
Kindly, consult with your treating doctor for proper management of the case. Do periodic check up with relevant investigation.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion.
Wishing you a very successful motherhood.
I will start taking vitamin d supplement from today and as I am 24 weeks today
If I take supplement from today will my baby be fine of harm has already been done
I mean at 24 weeks is it too late to start vitamin d or still I have time ?
I mean ultrasound of my baby Is normal but I m really worried now
I m already taking 1000 iu of vitamin d everyday what dose should j take
VITAMIN-D 4000 IU/ DAY.
Thanks for query.
1) You should take Vitamin-D 4000 IU/ day throughout the pregnancy period to combat deficiency related complication. You can consult with your doctor.
2) As your current ultrasound scan report is NORMAL, then you WOULDN'T be worried much. You should take Vitamin-D supplement along with foods (I have mentioned in earlier text) for better growth and development of your baby.
Hope, it helps for you. If you have any other query in mind, you can directly ask me at any time in my given address.
Wishing you a happy motherhood. All the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Infection during Pregnancy causes
- Ear infections during pregnancy
- Diagnosis of Infection during Pregnancy
- Symptoms of Infection during Pregnancy
- Throat infection during pregnancy
- Vaginal infections during pregnancy
- Uterus infection during pregnancy
- Viral infections during pregnancy
- Vaginal infection prescribed cansoft cl is it safe
- Taking antibiotics for urinary tract infections during pregnancy safe