Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Is burning urination and bladder pain due to urinary tract infection?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6487 Questions
25Y-M. I have burning sensation while urinating and generalised pain near the bladder area. These symptoms have been there (recurring) every now and then. On taking norfloxacin, the pain subsides and the symptoms go away only to come back in a 3-4 months. On all previous occasions the test reports were somewhat similar in nature and has not shown bacterial presence in normal urine analysis or bacterial growth in culture. Is this a UTI since there is no bacterial presence or something else ? Do I need to take antibiotics ? Test date : 7-2-14 Investigation Result Reference Range SPECIMEN: Urine URINE ANALYSIS Colour by physical exam. Pale Yellow Appearance Clear Urine pH by pH paper 6.0 Bile Salts Hay~s Negative Negative Bile Pigment by Fouchet~s Negative Negative Albumin by sulphosalicylic acid Negative Negative Sugar by dipstik Negative Negative WBC 1-2/hpf Red Blood Cells Nil Epithelial Cells Occasional Casts Nil Crystals Nil Bacteria Nil
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are suffering from recurrent UTI or calculus. Detailed Answer: Hello Withlovemaria Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Probably you are suffering from recurrent urinary tract infection or calculus. You need few investigations like routine hemogram,Random blood sugar,Urine RE/ME,Urine culture and sensitivity and Ultrasound of abdomen.Further investigations can be done if needed.Source of recurrent UTI should be searched. Ultrasound of abdomen can detect other associated pathology like calculus in kidney,Urinary bladder etc. Don't worry,you will be alright with antibiotics.Calculus will need additional treatment if it is there. Bacteria might not be seen due to many reasons. You can also take alkalizing syrup 1 TSf thrice daily for 5-7 days if recurrent UTI is diagnosed. You should consult urologist if problem is persistent. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor