What does this urinalysis test report indicate?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Kidney Conditions
Question: Hi I have been having dehydration issues for three years and suspect a kidney problem. Recently all of my urinalyses indicate red blood cells 0-2, white blood cells 0-5, have had mucus threads many in urine, epitheal cells which on the lab sheet says non-renal but don't know if that is a standard statement on lab results, and now I have casts in my urine. all the lab test says is hyaline casts and they don't give an amount it just says present abnormal. I have been having flank back pain for months on and off where my kidneys are. I have told er several times when I have been going in with breathing problems nobody can diagnose and figure out. They have ruled out pulmonary and heart. I also have urobilinogen 0-2 showing up in urine and over the past month my liver enzymes keep being slightly elevated on and off as well. I recently have seen a huge glob of what I think is mucus that looks like a jellyfish and is large as a quarter. Do you think this is kidney?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Normal results

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am,

I have gone through your questions and reports.

I understand your concerns but you urine analysis test results are within the normal ranges only as it is normal for the result to include the following:

Urobilirubin – Small amount (0.5-1 mg/dL)
RBCs - ≤2 RBCs/hpf
WBCs - ≤2-5 WBCs/hpf
Squamous epithelial cells - ≤15-20 squamous epithelial cells/hpf
Casts – 0-5 hyaline casts/lpf

So, there is no need to worry. I hope you find this helpful... Let me know if I can assist you further...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee