Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Is brown vaginal discharge a sign of pregnancy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
My period are irregular it will finish on 3 nov than i had sex with my hubby on 22 nov. we are not planning for baby yet.but from 1st dec i amfacing brown vaginal discharge daily,i also took pregnancy test but it was negative . No tender breasts. Could i be pregnant? i do not have any other sign of pregnancy like morning sickness, nausea, PLEASE HELP!!
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: hormonal imbalance Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Since you have irregular cycles its difficult to say whether you are pregnant so soon . According to the dates you were expected to get your period around 1st dec . Instead of a normal flow you got some discharge . I suggest you wait another week and then repeat the pregnancy tests . If it's negative again then this delay is due to hormonal imbalance . Get tested to find out the cause . Do an ultrasound and a blood test hormonal profile . In my opinion i think that hormonal imbalance is the cause here .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is brown vaginal discharge a sign of pregnancy? 8 minutes later
so should i have to do blood pregnancy. Cause i took home urine pregnancy test once. i am really worried about it. so if i am pregnant could u pls suggest me any medicine of home remedies to terminate it pls pls pls.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: confirm first Detailed Answer: You need to confirm the pregnancy first. Urine pregnancy test is fine. First you repeat the test this week and get back to me with the result. Abortion medicines can only be obtained with a written prescription.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is brown vaginal discharge a sign of pregnancy? 24 hours later
hi doc i had confirm that i am not pregnant by going to gyne, u pls tell me about the test for hormonal imbalance. cause i have irregular period approx 40 days cycle. how to correct it.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: blood tests Detailed Answer: You need to get some tests done first . Blood test for prolactin , tsh , lh and fsh . Then get an ultrasound pelvis done . Any sign of polycystic ovaries or other hormone problems should be detected . You will also need to be put on hormone medication to regularise your cycles . The treatment with hormones should be done at least 6 months or more .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor