What causes vaginal bleeding after clitoral masturbation?

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 15 Sep 2017 in General Health
Question: Gyno, I had cyst removed last yr Dec. off one ovary. I have pain & bleeding. After clitoral masturbation I bleed, last time lasted 5 days, 6 days after period.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 14 minutes later
clitoris masturbation has nothing to do with internal bleeding it is a separate issue
mostly in relation with hormonal imbalance
kindly seek advise of your OBGY please
thanks regards
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 14 hours later
but it only happens after masturbation usually 1 day but last was 5 days long. Is it urgent?
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
less likely possibility of masturbation related ,further insight with detai

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* Less likely of masturbation induced vaginal bleeding , bust still further details
will clarify more .

Kindly provide following details so that I can answer your query completely .

1. Regular menstrual cycle details .
2. Onset of this issue in relation with ovarian cyst removal .
3. Amount of bleed , intensity , type as of menses or other , color brownish or
any alteration ; associated abdominal cramps .
4. Vaginal itching , discharge of whitish fluid .

Awaiting for your details .

Regards .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 31 minutes later
1. for my period, I'm on birth control so same time every month but how long they last differs
2. I didn't have this issue with bleeding right after masturbation until about 3-4 months ago so not associated with the removal of cyst however the pain is on the same side I had the cyst removed and that had other smaller cysts on it.
3. the first couple of times, the bleeding was very light and bright pink lasting only that night or a day after and then it got worse the last 2 to 3 times and last time was definently the worst because it was very heavy like a period and the blood was light and dark colored back and forth lasting days. even though I had a normal period several days before like usual. also last time I had bad pain in my right lower abdomen and pelvic region. it was usually pressure and some dull pain but sometimes it shot sharp pain, during the heavy bleeding and before. now the pain is almost better but I still have lots of pressure and some pain here and there.
4. if I'm not bleeding I almost always have vaginal discharge that's usually clear, but I've dealt with that most of my life and have gotten that checked before.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Surely it is hormone imbalance related issue .OBGY consulting as priority.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome dear .

Thanks for the details .

* This is in relation with hormone imbalance related issue might be co incidentally
increased in intensity with masturbation .

* Suggestions at present

- Avoid masturbation for some period .
- Avoid stress , anxiety .
- Avoid smoking , alcohol if consuming .

- Sitting in tub filled with lukewarm water added antiseptic liquid for 10 min.
morning and evening help to clear many discharge issues .

- Primary pain relief with tab. drotaverine ( 40 ) mg .
- Definitely need OBGY consultation and ultrasound abdomen and pelvis for
finding the reason of the bleeding , not on emergency basis but on priority
basis .

Hope this will help you .
Wishing you fine recovery .

Regards take care .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana