Suggest ways to rule out implantation bleeding

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 19 Sep 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi my period was due yesterday. I have very slight pink bleeding only when I wipe, if this is implantation bleeding I would be 4 weeks when would I get a positive pregnancy test after implantation bleeding please. I have never had this before if I am not pregnant why no period and why this only very light pink bleeding. I have never spotted before periods before
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:

Here are your answers:
1. Positive urine pregnancy test is observed 5 weeks into the pregnancy or 3-7 days after the missed period. Implantation bleeding is seen around the expected period.

2. To get a clarification earlier, you can go for the estimation of the serum beta-hCG titres. This can be followed by a trans-vaginal/pelvic sonogram a week later.

3. Another possibility you should consider at your age is the possibility of hormone imbalance as the body begins to enter the perimenopause. This can be confirmed through a hormone assay.

Please get proper evaluation by a specialist in person to plan further management.

Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Shanti Vennam 20 minutes later
my last period was 29th July last time I was pregnant I got a positive at 3 weeks do you think I do have changed unfortunate last time it ended in miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please go for the blood test.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

If you have always had regular cycles, the best way to confirm/pregnancy is to go for the blood test.

I am very sorry for what happened in your earlier pregnancy. If the cause of the miscarriage was detected, it is possible to take preventive measures wherever needed. There is often no such repetition in future pregnancies and healthy outcomes are observed in 95% of cases.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Follow up: Dr. Shanti Vennam 9 minutes later
I will have to wait to won't do a blood test
Brief Answer:
Please elaborate.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing again.

I am not sure of your query, please elaborate. I presume you would like to know if you should wait to get the blood test, and the answer is 'no'. You can go for the test right away.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Shanti Vennam 8 minutes later
No my doctor won't do a blood test told me to use home pregnancy tests in a week
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please follow your doctor's instructions.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your feedback.

Please go ahead and follow your doctor's instructions.

Home pregnancy tests read well when performed 3-7 days after the missed period using a fresh early morning sample of urine.

Hope your query has been clarified.

Wish you good health.

regards,
Shanti.V.