What causes brown discharge if periods are late by six days?

Question
I am 4 days late for my period. 6 days before period was due I had brown discharge when I wiped after using the toilet. I had 2 instances of watery blood also when I wiped. This lasted for 6 days.
I have taken HPT with negative result.
I feel pregnant. I am bloated, tired, slight cramping in abdomen and achy in my lower back and hips. Not sure what else to do.
Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Home pregnancy test after 8 days of delay in periods is reliable.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mxxxxxxxxx,
Thank you for using health care magic for your health concern.
If you have a regular menstrual cycle... your symptoms do suggest possibility of pregnancy... the bleeding could be an implantation bleeding in short cycles (less than 30 days).
Home pregnancy test is reliable after 8 days delay in period.You should repeat the test after 4-6 more days.In case you are very anxious ... you can go for blood hcg testing ,which is a laboratory test.
You can take lemon 10 -20 drops in a glass of warm water to relieve bloating .Using Asaphoitida in cooking can also help.
Take Tab. Paracetamol after food if the pain in too much.But do not foment or massage .
In case pregnancy test is + ve ,normality of pregnancy should be confirmed by usg pelvis after 5 weeks of pregnancy.
If test is -ve or you had history of irregular periods ... you should consult your gynecologist for correcting menstrual cycles.
I hope that answers your query. Any follow up query is welcome.
Thanks.