Is Stanlip safe and effective for treatment of high triglycerides?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Cholesterol
Question: Hi doctor..My age is 35 and height is 5 feet 4 inch..my weight is 78 Kg..recently blood test done, in that triglycerides are 320, HDL and LDL are well in limit..presently am using stanlip 145 mmg..it is ok if i use this stanlip or any side effects
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow as advised below.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
Definitely your Triglycerides are raised. Infact at this age they should not be that high.
I would suggest you following:
1. To reduce your weight. You are overweight as per your BMI calculated based on your body weight and height.
2. You have to exercise daily. Do running and jogging for atleast 45 minutes a day.
3. Avoid eating potato, rice and junk food.
4. If you consume alcohol including beer stop that immediately.
5. Don't consume Desi ghee, vanaspati ghee.
6. Start using Olive oil or sunflower oil for cooking.

Once you follow this you would see drastic change in your lipid profile.
I recommend use of Stanlip only in cases not responding to above my measures.
Stanlip should be used only if you have normal liver functions.
Stanlip can cause derangement of liver functions, nausea, itching, tiredness commonly.
Otherwise it is a safe drug.
If you have any further query please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 3 hours later
Thanks dr XXXXXXX for your feedback..I am a non vegetarian. .whether I can take chicken or only fish.regarding serum billirubin is 1.3 slightly higher than limit..in this case I can take stanlip..can you explain further about stanlip vs liver rearrangement or any risk of damaging liver..I started doing brisk walk after dinner..is it ok if I do walking after dinner. .morning bit difficult for me..I am taking pulka in the night..pls give your suggestions on above points..
Thanks and regards
...
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detail follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.

It is advisable to get complete Liver Function Test done as we need to see your liver enzymes like SGPT and SGOT. Only bilirubin doesn't help.
So get a complete liver function test done. In case your enzymes are deranged you would have to stop the medicine.

As far as eating non veg is concerned you should avoid it. Limit it to once a week as cooking non veg requires a lot of oil. If you wish you can have boiled/ grilled chicken or fish.

Only brisk walk won't help much in reducing weight. You require to do jogging. You can join a gym so that you can go there in late evening before your dinner if you can't afford to workout in mornings.
You have to take out time and modify your life style for a better health.

If you have any further query please ask me else close the discussion and rate it.
Stay Healthy.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj