Is Oosure plus effective in treating ovarian cysts?

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: Hi, I had been on treatment for PCOS and had been taking Drome X tablets and also Ginnette 35 for irregular cycles. Now my latest ultrasound scan shows no presence of ovarian cysts. But still my Gynaec has asked me to take Oosure Plus tablets twice a day for 3 months to remove traces of any polycystic ovaries. Kindly suggest if consuming this tablet would help me in any way. Also, will I get my cycles again this month if I abruptly stop taking Ginnette 35 tablets....
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oosure can be used. Normal cycles possible.

Detailed Answer:

It is good that you do not have any ovarian cysts. Oosure is a nutritional supplement and has been used in the treatment of PCOD in conjunction with other medication. It is supposed to help in ovulation. You may use it as prescribed by your doctor.

If you have been getting regular cycles with medication, it is good to see if you do the same without medication for one or two cycles. Most of the time, you can see a period even without the pill. Metformin is ideally continued when treatment is being given, especially for infertility. This will help in controlling the insulin resistance and will help in spontaneous ovulation. Thus regular menstruation can be attained with this drug alone.

Please maintain a healthy weight and regular exercise. Please get monitored regularly.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.