Is DPT inoculation safe after recovering from adverse effects of hepatitis vaccine?
You should take the vaccine.
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern. Fever like reaction is very common after any vaccine particularly thr lived vaccine. DPT vaccine is a live vaccine and chances are there that you may again get such episode ife fever like illness. But not taking a vaccine is not the solution. Mostly this vaccine is given in childhood. But due to any reasons if your doctor has adviced you to take the vaccine you should go ahead. For prophylactic purpose you can take Paracetamol and Pheneramine which will reduce the febrile reactions caused by that vaccine.
I hope it helps. If you have any further query, please ask me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Loose motion after hepatitis a vaccination
- Hepatitis a vaccine side effects
- Hepatitis b vaccine effect on ivf
- Effectiveness of hepatitis b vaccine
- Hepatitis vaccine side effects
- Side effect of Hepatitis a vaccination
- Hepatitis b vaccine side effects
- Effects of hepatitis a vaccine
- Glandular fever after hepatitis vaccination
- Side effects hepatitis a and typhoid vaccine