How to wean off of Norco while treating chronic sciatica and back pain?
Consult a spinal surgeon.
Thank you for the query on Health care magic platform.I have read & understood your problem.
You have the back pain / sciatic problem since many years. You must have tried other routine ways to manage the pain like Hot/ cold fomentation/ NSAID pills/ physiotherapy.. & as they stood ineffective, you had to switch on to Chiropractic methods & lastly with Norco 67 which you are taking since last 8 years. When pain is unmanageable with other means , then only one turns to this habit forming drug.Norco 367 & also Ip 110 both are opioid preparation and are equally habit forming.You also seem to have breathing problem which can be very well controlled by inhalation therapy .
If you really want to be off of the habit forming pain killers.. you should think on following lines.
- Consult a spinal neurosurgeon for his expert guidance.He will ask you to get-
- MIR/ CT scan of lumber spine done to locate exact site of problem( it can be spinal -vertebral degenerative changes or disc prolapse causing compression of nerve roots at spinal level / compression at sciatic notch) which can cause the pain. This would denote the basic cause & also the degree of deterioration ( if any )over these years.
_ He would the suggest you for
- either injection of hydro cortisone at the site of damage along with ( if you had not tried it yet )
- Surgery -It is the treatment advised when everything else fails & symptoms get increasing
Now a days, part of herniated disc.pressing on the nerve is removed surgically to release the compression..It's comparatively simpler surgery, can be done at any age. which becomes more logical thing to do in cases like yours.
Physiotherapy follows. The pain killers you are used to are weaned off gradually.
I hope you find the answer informative & useful also. Any follow up query is welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pmdd back pain sciatica
- Diagnosis of chronic sciatica
- Symptoms of chronic sciatica
- Treatment and cure for chronic sciatica
- Chronic sciatica difficulty urinating clitoral pain numbness in legs treatment
- Sciatica back pain
- What is sciatica back pain
- Adenomyosis back pain sciatica
- Chronic sciatica causes
- Dla for chronic sciatica