How long does anal leakage persist when on antibiotics for gonorrhea?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: I got my injection yesterday and some antibiotics for gonorrhea. How long does it usually take for the anal leakage to stop?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 20 minutes later
Anal leakage is very unlikely to be correlated with gonorrhea and is incontinence most of the time. perianal abscess and constipation with hemorrhoids may cause such leakage as well . Let your doctor rule out the differentials for this leakage. Gonorrhea antibiotics are given for 7 days .
Follow up: Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 8 minutes later
All they gave me for treatment was one injection of rochephin and four antibiotic pills to take at one time.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Different regimens for gonorrhea.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back to me

Ceftriaxone and antibiotic ( i wish there was name mentioned) are used in different regimens. I was talking about doxycycline those are used for 7 days. Other antibiotics like azithromycin, amoxil etc may be used together.

Azithromycin is given four stat that is 2 grams in guise of 4 tablets of 500 mg. Hope for the best. As far as incontinence is concerned, that is more than infection. it will need pelvic floor physiotherapy as well as bowel training exercises and anal manometry for regaining anal sphincter tone. Talk to your physiotherapist for sphincteric tones management.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan