• question-icon

Suggest treatment for an abscess on the left cheek

Posted on Wed, 12 Apr 2017 in Lump
Question: I have had a fissure-looking lump on my left cheek drained by a doctor. The confusion stems from the fact it is not in the immediate area of my rectum. Was told by doctor if it enlarged again he would send me to a colorectoral surgeon to investigate.
what could it be?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be Ischiorectal/perianal abscess.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As per your description,it looks like drained Ischiorectal/perianal abscess.
The pus in that area has to be drained.After drainage,i advice my patients to do cleaning and dressing of the wound daily.It takes few days to weeks for the abscess cavity to heal completely.It depends on the size of the abscess.
Nothing to worry.It will be healed gradually.
Hope i answered your query.If you have any questions,i will clarify further.
Wish you speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon