How can a rash on the chest be treated?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Hi Doc. I've got a rash across my chest. Been there for a week & 1/2. Been prettymuch keeping it in check with Clotrimazole cream but it is still slowly progressing higher up and around my chest area. Any idea's?
Sat, 14 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have noted your concern.
I request you to kindly upload a few good quality images of the rash in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.
Also let me know if you have any associated symptoms like itching?burning? pain? etc

Follow-up: How can a rash on the chest be treated? 7 hours later
As the rash continues to spread, the leading 1" hurts. After the first day or two there's not more pain. The redness and bumpiness is still there. Now it is progressing around my armpits. Not in my armpits-yet.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use a topical steroid

Detailed Answer:
Thank you. I have viewed the images.

Doesn't seem like a fungal infection. Perhaps it is a sunburn. I suggest you to use a moisturizer and a steroid cream e.g either triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%cream or hydrocortisone 1% cream (Cortisone cream), twice daily.