Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Having pressure on head and between eyebrows, difficulty to breathe. CAT scan done. What's going on?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 325 Questions
I have pressure on both sides of my heads and between my eyes brows (glabella). I can barley breathe through my nose or smell! I also have had this problem for over a year! I have had my sinuses checked and they are good and have had nasal steroid spray twice and it has had zero affect on my nose. I also have had a cat scan of my brain and the results came back negative.
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 2 hours later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, you seem to be suffering with chronic sinusitis which is one of the more prevalent chronic illnesses in the United States, affecting persons of all age groups. It is an inflammatory process that involves the paranasal sinuses and persists for 12 weeks or longer. It is almost always accompanied by concurrent nasal airway inflammation and is often preceded by rhinitis symptoms. Symptoms of chronic sinusitis include nasal stuffiness, postnasal drip, facial fullness, and malaise. Other factors include facial pain or pressure, nasal obstruction or blockage, nasal discharge or discolored postnasal discharge, hyposmia or anosmia (lack or no smell). It may be caused by an infection, but it can also be caused by growths in the sinuses (nasal polyps) or by a deviated nasal septum. To diagnose sinusitis, your doctor will review your symptoms and give you a physical examination. Will recommend you get examined by your clinician who will assess by feeling and pressing your sinuses for tenderness, tap your teeth to see if you have an inflamed paranasal sinus. Other diagnostic tests to assess the potential causes for sinusitis may include a nasal endoscopy, X-rays, allergy testing, or blood tests. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor