Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Having burning sensation in lower colon area till ribs. Feels tender touch. MRCP showed dilated common bile duct. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
I have a burning sensation that begins in my lower right colon area up to under the right ribs. There is tenderness to touch and is worse on sitting for a long period of time. I recently was hospitalized with a lipase of 9000. MRCP showed dilated common bile duct to 13 mm. Gallbladder removed 10 years ago for gallstones. Issues with constipation. Using magnesium supplement helps. Taking Align, vitamin D, some digestive enzymes that seem to bloat my stomach, then it actually calms the burning sensation, but never completely. Had been diagnosed with gallstone pancreatitis. NO ERCP was done. No CT scan.
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 55 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
You have complicated past history of medical illness and surgeries.
Ideally you should consult a local physician and undergo a physical examination and a repeat amylase and lipase levels a chest Xray, abdomen Xray and an ultrasound of abdomen is advisable.
There may be adhesions and band in the gut loops or may be an acid peptic disease or a gut infection. Exact diagnosis needs to be fixed through proper evaluation and treatment.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor