Misdiagnosed with ulcerative colitis, diarrhea episode started after sitting in a unventilated room with black mould. Victim of black mould?

My son aged 15 was I believe misdiagnosed with ulceraive colitis in February. His dioreahha episode began after sitting in a unventilated room for long hours next to a window with black mould and putting on the airconditioning.The reason i disagree with this diagnosis is that after a while in hospital recieving blood transplant and medication he did not recover and had another episode in July when again he used airconditioning to cool down, He then went to a specialist in Ankara Turkey where they discovered his medication was causing problems with his pancreas and kidneys and immediatly stopped it. there he did not adhere to any kind of diet he just began to eat and walk as much as his strength would allow. After 10 days hte diarehha disappeared and the doctor gave him Iron supplements to help his anemia . A few weeks ago the weather turned cold. Again he used the airconditioning. Again he began to get dioreahha began geting slight pains in his stomach and going to the lavatory about once every hour and was running a slight temperature . He became afraid to eat has got a few red patched on his legs maybe due to dehydration and malnutrition . He is currently in hospital where a specialist who helped a friend in a similar condition has given him antibiotics along with vitamins for a stomach infection. So could my son be a victim of black mould? it looks that way to me
Tue, 26 Mar 2019

As per the thorough history (which is very best part from your side to narrate the issue in details), there can be possible infection with airborne bug as Legionella pneumophila or others to cause such grave issue.

A thorough work up with the infectious disease specialist is mandatory here to proceed in the best way.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon