Suggest treatment for abdominal pain, bloating, gas and nausea after eating outside food

Dr. Manjunath Metri

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello.... Had outside food day and night two weeks back.... Post two days started having abdominal pain and epigastric pain.... Doctor ran antacid.... But no improvement.... Have bloating and gas as well.... Stool routine was normal except acidic.... Feeling nausea now... Is it stomach infection due to food poisoning
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like Gastritis due to outside food..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic..
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough...

Please note..

1. Yes..
It's a clear cut problem of Gastritis.
That happens with outside food stuff, junk food, spicy food etc..

2. Please start on these drugs.
They should help you out..
A. Mucaine Gel after food twice a day
B. Tablet Pantoprazole 40mg twice a day before food.
C. Add a combination of Domeperidone drug along with Pantoprazole if you are feeling nauseating.

3. Most importantly.
A. Avoid or reduce tea coffee alcohol smoked food spicy food.
B.. Plenty of fluids orally..

4. If you don't get better then I suggest to get an Ultrasound Abdomen Scan.

Hope this helps you..
In case you need further assistance, please contact me directly.
Or, you can close the question and rate..
Take care..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Manjunath Metri 45 minutes later
Doctor just had sonography done.... It was all normal... My stomach and intestine wall were seen in magnification... No inflammation present.... My crp value was normal.... Also had IgA and IgG test done for h pylori.... IgA values were 8.97 (less than 8 is negative).... Have had contaminated food in recent times from outside.... Kindly reply
Brief Answer:
Normal Ultrasound was expected..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome back...

Please note..

1. Yes, a normal scan was expected..

2. Usually Gastritis is not diagnosed on Ultrasound.. It is more of clinical diagnosis and by Endoscopy.

3. Hence please follow the suggestions that I have explained and you should be fine..

4. CRP and H.Pylori tests are pretty much fine..

5. If pain is severe and is not controlled by these things that I have suggested, then probably you may need Upper GI Endoscopy.

But it again depends on how you respond with the suggestions given.

Hope this helps you..
Take care..