Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Have had treated for gonorrhea. Having pain and swelling in epididymis, frequent urination. Am I having epididymitis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
I had gonorrhea 10 years ago and was treated. I am now having lots of pain & swelling in my Epididymis. I am urinating more but very little urine is able to come out. I do not have insurance. I have been with the same partner for 2 years. We live togeather and we are not having sex outside our relationship. Do you think I have Edpididymitis? Thank you!
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 6 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

From the information that you submitted I am suspicious that you were dealing with a case of epididymitis. Epididymitis is not necessarily caused by a sexually transmitted infection. This is something that sometimes happens spontaneously. Sometimes it can occur after a mild degree of trauma.

There is treatment available for epididymitis. We generally use antibiotics and the most commonly prescribed antibiotic would be ciprofloxacin.

In your case I think I'll course of antibiotics would be a reasonable consideration. I would recommend that you contact your therapy.

Thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them as well.


Dr. Robert

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor