Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Have gastroparastesis. Prominent pancreatic duct and frequent nausea. Pain and filling sensation. Is it serious?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
I have gastroparastesis and I found in my medical records from 2009 that I had a mild prominence of the pancreatic duct but no follow up was done. The report suggest that the follow up should be correlation with amylase and lipase is needed. My current symptoms ate terrible. Always nausea, mostly can only drink smoothies And staying away from dairy products. Lost lots of weight fast. Diabetes sometimes all over the place. Pain and filling sensation in my left side. Don't understand the pancreatic duct issue and could this be serious?
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, could be pancreatic problem

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

The symptoms you have could be due to pancreatic defect. Do proceed for follow getting investigated for pancreatic diseases.

A CT scan and estimation of Serum lipase and Amylase would be necessary to determine the exact cause for the problems you have.

Hope, I answered your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have gastroparastesis. Prominent pancreatic duct and frequent nausea. Pain and filling sensation. Is it serious? 31 minutes later
Thank you for your answer. Having a ct scan tomorrow of the abdomen. I have a hard time trying to explain things to my primary care Dr. She acts like this isn't a bad problem. I am having lots of problems.Fast heartbeat is a relatively new symptom. I'm worried that this pancreas follow up not completed might be bad. What do you think?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Yes for sure

Detailed Answer:

Yes, not having the pancreas checked up may end up in serious trouble.

Its safe to be investigated when you have relevant symptoms.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor