Owl Image

What do these blood and X-ray reports indicate?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I recently went to the emergency for abdominal and back pain and and they said my blood tests were great and that i was just constipated but when they gave me my results I looked over them and seen my total Bilirubin is 1.6 and my Lipase is 19 are these anything to worry about. I am worried about pancreatic cancer. I attached 3 pictures of my blood test they also took a x-ray but said it look good.
Wed, 16 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Does not seem like a pancreatic pathology.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking HealthcareMagic.

I read your question carefully and understand your concern.
I've seen all three attachments.
Your reports are perfectly normal and have nothing to do with the abdominal pain.
Bilirubin levels less then 3 has no clinical significance.
Lipase is also ok.

Our body is a complex machinery which has to maintain thousands of parameters every day. Mild variation of these numbers has no clinical significance.

Your pain was most likely due to constipation. Constipation causes fermentation of food which produces lots of toxic gases. These gases exert pressure on intestines and nerves passing through them causing mild inflammation and pain.

Take a laxative for few days.
Repeat a serum bilirubin after 2weeks if its high again then go for a liver function test.

Sometimes, mildly elevated bilirubin with normal liver functions could be suggestive of Gilbert's disease. Very often its diagnosed accidentally only. Though it causes no harm to the patient and no treatment is required.

Definitely not a pancreatic pathology. Lipase and amylase are elevated more than 20 times the normal in pancreatic cancer.

Regards!