Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Have enlarged uterus and excessive blood loss during periods. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 979 Questions
enlarged uterus with diffuse coarsened myometrial echotexture-no sizable focal lesion noted-no distinct endometrial and myometrial echos noted-possible ill defined/ adenomyosis-needs correlation with HPE. i have not childern yet.. please help.....
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later

Welcome and thanks for writing to us

Adenomyosis uterus is usually a bulky uterus and there is history of menorrhagia or excessive blood loss during menses.

There can be an associated endometriosis of ovaries which is called chocolate cyst of ovaries or there can be adhesions in the pelvic cavity causing tubal blockage and TO mass.

I would like to know your age and menstrual history and any history of dysmenorrhoea or painful menstruation.

Adenomyosis can be treated with danazol and GnRh agonists but should be strictly taken under doctor's guidance and supervision.

Diagnostic laparoscopy is helpful to see the condition of ovaries and spill of XXXXXXX is seen by doing a procedure called chromopertubation.

With proper diagnosis and treatment sterility can be treated,

Best wishes

Any other query is most welcome

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor