What causes severe lower left abdominal pain?

OBGYN
Question
I have severe lower abdominal pain (menstrual) on left side since two nights. But, the periods have not started yet. Based on earlier gynaecologist advice, I have used IMOL PLUS and MEFTALGESIC. Even then, pains didn't stop. I am facing this problem during menstrual period since a few months which I haven't experienced before. I do not want to keep changing the doctors periodically. Please suggest a better solution. I am worried now as I may have another sleepless night today.
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Soumya 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get transvaginal ultrasound scan done

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

Such severe pain is unusual and needs to be investigated for the reason causing this pain.

Conditions like fibroid uterus, endometriosis, adenomyosis etc... cause such severe pain which need to be identified and treated. Taking different medicines and changing doctors is not the solution. Please see a good gynecologist and get a transvaginal ultrasound scan to check the above conditions I mentioned.

Let me know the ultrasound report findings so that I can advice further treatment.

Dr. XXXXXXX Koregol

Follow-up: What causes severe lower left abdominal pain? 4 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for your response.

I have get the scan done and attached report for your reference.

XXXX

Answered by Dr. Soumya 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal Report

Detailed Answer:

Your ultrasound report seems to be normal.

Following are my suggestions:

1) If this is first time dont worry about it. It could be temporary and may not repeat next time.

2) If its occurring for a long time, you need to get CT scan to identify small abnormalities which are not identified in ultrasound scan. This can be done in consultation with your gynecologist.