Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

What causes severe lower left abdominal pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 2165 Questions
I have severe lower abdominal pain (menstrual) on left side since two nights. But, the periods have not started yet. Based on earlier gynaecologist advice, I have used IMOL PLUS and MEFTALGESIC. Even then, pains didn't stop. I am facing this problem during menstrual period since a few months which I haven't experienced before. I do not want to keep changing the doctors periodically. Please suggest a better solution. I am worried now as I may have another sleepless night today.
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Soumya 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get transvaginal ultrasound scan done

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

Such severe pain is unusual and needs to be investigated for the reason causing this pain.

Conditions like fibroid uterus, endometriosis, adenomyosis etc... cause such severe pain which need to be identified and treated. Taking different medicines and changing doctors is not the solution. Please see a good gynecologist and get a transvaginal ultrasound scan to check the above conditions I mentioned.

Let me know the ultrasound report findings so that I can advice further treatment.

Dr. XXXXXXX Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes severe lower left abdominal pain? 4 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for your response.

I have get the scan done and attached report for your reference.

Answered by Dr. Soumya 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal Report

Detailed Answer:

Your ultrasound report seems to be normal.

Following are my suggestions:

1) If this is first time dont worry about it. It could be temporary and may not repeat next time.

2) If its occurring for a long time, you need to get CT scan to identify small abnormalities which are not identified in ultrasound scan. This can be done in consultation with your gynecologist.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor