Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Have diabetes. Feeling cold and tired. Taking levethorixine 0.75. Diet to lower TSH level?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5770 Questions
My TSH level is 9,390. I am always cold and I am very tired. I have lost weight and I am watching my carbs because I have diabetes. I weigh 112 lbs. My throid on my right side was removed and I have been taking
levethorixine 0.75. The ENT doctor found nodules on my left thyroid. What foods should I eat to take down my TSH level.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Your TSH level means that your thyroid gland does not produce enough of hormones. Lack of thyroid hormones results with whole body metabolism slow down. And this causes your symptoms.
Sometimes hypothyroidism is caused by low iodine supplementation, but not at your case. You can try foods XXXXXXX in iodine like fishes, sea foods, potatoes, carrots, however it wont bring any improvement.
What you should really do is to have levothyroxine dosage increased. Your thyroid nodules should be also checked with biopsy as you may need another surgery.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have diabetes. Feeling cold and tired. Taking levethorixine 0.75. Diet to lower TSH level? 2 hours later
I eat a lot of fish and sea food. I do not eat potatoes because I am on a low
carb diet for diabetes. Is there anything else you can suggest.
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 9 hours later

There is nothing that can be done with diet only. The only solution for you is thyroid hormones supplementation. You should visit your doctor and have it prescribed.

Hope it will help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor