Have back pain, anxiety, cold and chest pain. No shortness of breath. How to get cure?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: I have very bad cold chills and chest pain. No shortness of breath or trouble breathing. I have been tested and have been told I have an enlarged thyroid.but my blood work all comes back normal. I have back pain between my shoulder blades and into my left shoulder and I pops a lot. I have a huge anxiety problems as well.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

I would like to know some more details on your problem to understand the condition better and advice you specifically.

Since when do you have cold ?Have you taken any medications for the same ?
What blood tests have you undergone, please do attach the reports here if possible?
Is the pain in back continuous, did you injure yourself in the back ?
Are you on any medications for the anxiety ?

Waiting for your response,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 55 minutes later
I just have cold chills off and on through the day and no I am not on any meds for that. I take lorazapam. When needed for panic attacks and buspar, 30 milligrams a day. I take protonix for my gerd daily. I take lisinopril, 10 mg. A day for my blood pressure and just took it and it was 118/74. I have not injured my back that I know of but I do work at a computer 5 days a week for 7 hours a day. I see a chiropractor once or twice a month for adjustments. I have yearly bloodwork done to check my thyroid, cholesterol, tryglicerides and A1C. All comes back within normal range. I have extremely dry skin, brittle nails, my hair comes out, I am fatigued
My nails are thin and brittle. I also have very chronic sinusitis. I hope you can help me.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

Thanks for the information. The following are my comments:

1. Your symptoms of dry skin, brittle nails and damaged hair could be due to vitamin deficiency. Vitamins both oil (A, D, E, K) and water soluble (B, C) are essential for healthy skin, skin appendages and mucous membranes. Deficiency of the above vitamins causes irregular growth and faulty regeneration resulting to non specific inflammations causing dryness, brittle etc.
Taking Multivitamin supplements would help you to have healthy skin, mucous membranes and avoid inflammations like sinusitis. Do consult your treating doctor for a right choice of Multivitamin brand suitable for your health profile.

2. Chest pain in the absence of other associated symptoms does not appear to be sinister. Perhaps this may be related to GERD. However getting your pulse and cardia examined along with ECG recording done at times of pain can give use far convincing data's to rule out heart pathology.

3. On and off chills and the fatigue is probably not related to serious organic pathology. However a few individuals on lisinopril have reported similar complaints. You may try changing your antihypertensive drugs after discussing with your treating doctor and see if this improves.

Hope I answered your query. Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad