Found lumps on neck with black dots. How to cure it?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Mom has two lumps on her neck with black dots in middle it started off as a little rash with red bumps it looks as if everyday its worse
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The condition can be insect bite reaction,contact dermatitis etc.
Also I would like to know-
Does she have any pain/itching over the area?

Since when she has this? Does it started overnight or progressed very slowly?

Is there any discharge/ scales over the affected area? Is there any skin discoloration of surrounding skin ?

Can you upload the photographs of the affected area?

Upload the photographs and answer the question and we can continue the discussion here.

Regards.

Dr Sudarshan
Dermatologist

Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
There is no discolaration only two black spots and she did have stiff neck and lots of pain including small fever it started 2 weeks ago with just small red bumps and started to grow and get dark and now it has black middles
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 13 hours later
Hi Again,
Thanks for the details.
It appears to be insect bite.
You need to apply 1% hydrocortisone cream twice daily over the area.
Also apply Aloe vera or tea tree oil based moisturizer twice daily.
You can take Tab zyrtec and tab Paracetamol for itching and pain respectively.
The condition should resolve by a week.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for any further clarification.

Regards.
DrSudarshan.