Feeling nausea, back pain and upper stomach pain. Test showed high rbc. What should be done?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: Hi, I just had my blood tested for pancreatitis but my enzymes are normal. My red blood cells are high. My complaints are pain in my back. Slight nausea. At the end of urinating I have pain in my upper stomach.
Should I make an appointment with my Family Physician? Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 7 hours later

Ideally you should make an appointment with Family physician with the test reports. Since the enzymes ( Amylase and lipase) are normal the possibility of Pancreatitis is virtually ruled out. However additional investigations may be ordered like CT Scan abdomen.

Urinary problems generally have problems at the lower stomach or umbilicus. Since you complain of nausea and back pain we need to understand the exact pathology after clinical examination. The tests are not enough for a definite diagnosis. Generally ITP will have lower platelet count lesser than 100.

It would be good if you can share the details of the tests further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli