Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Father has history of BP and diabetes. Planning to have complete health check up. Which is the best health package?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1554 Questions

I am planning to have a complete health checkup for my parents who are 55+ yrs old. My father has BP and diabetes. My mother doesn't any medical history, we know of, but is very weak. I want to know as which health packages would be good at this age.

Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 5 hours later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Different hospitals have different packages. I will give you an example of Apollo hospitals

For both of them you want want the following two packages:

Apollo master health check (AMHC)
Apollo XXXXXXX citizens health check (ASCHC) pack II

The tests should include the tests mentioned in the above package i.e,

Haemogram - Haemoglobin, Packed cell volume, R.B.C. count, MCHC/MCV/MCH, Total W.B.C./Differential Count, E.S.R., Peripheral Smear, Platelet Count

Biochemical Parameters - Fasting & PP Blood Sugar, Urea /Creatinine, Uric Acid

Lipid Profile - Total Cholesterol, HDL Cholesterol, LDL Cholesterol, Triglycerides, Total Cholesterol /HDL Ratio

Liver Function Tests - Total Protein/Albumin/Globulin, SGPT/SGOT, Alkaline Phosphatase, GGTP, S. Bilirubin

General Tests - Blood Grouping-Rh Typing, Complete Urine Analysis, Stool Test, ECG (Resting), X-Ray Chest, Ultrasonogram of the abdomen (Screening only), Pap Smear (for women), Clinical examination, medical summary and advice by a XXXXXXX Consultant Physician, Surgical Consultation for men and Gynec Consultation for women
TSH, Calcium, Stool for Occult Blood, Dexa Scan, PSA (Men) / Mammogram (Women), Evaluation and advice by a Geriatric Consultant, Diet Counselling, Physiotherapy Consult (if required)

Let me know if I can assist you further

Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor