Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Does lower tummy pain and overflowing of brown blood an indication of possible miscarriage?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5970 Questions
hi my boyfriend and i had sex last Saturday.. and we are trying to have a baby. Ive never been on birth control ever. I'm not to suppose to get my period for another two weeks and I had lower tummy pain all day today like I was going to get my period. tonight I felt like I had to pee so many times and it was a few drops. the last time I wiped it was dark brown. so i stood up to put a tampax in which didn't go in easy.. but once i moved it around… it was like a ballon broke. over flowing the tampax with brown blood everywhere. so I went to the store to buy a pregnancy test and it said negative. this has happened before just not as intense a few years ago. I'm 36 and wondering if this is a miscarriage . please help
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: PELVIC ULTRASOUND + BLOOD B HCG TEST TO BE DONE. Detailed Answer: Hello Thank you for trusting us with your health concern. The description you provide DOES tally very much with that of a miscarriage. Since the pregnancy test is negative, please get a pelvic ultrasound scan done transvaginally as soon as you can. That would tell you if this was a miscarriage, and whether there are still retained products inside. Apart from that, this could be caused by an ectopic pregnancy , or a pregnancy still inside with a threatened miscarriage. Endometriosis, polycystic ovaries and endometrial hyperplasia - these are 3 other conditions which fit the XXXXXXX too. A simple pelvic ultrasound scan in combination with a blood B HCG pregnancy test will tell you what is really happening. All the best. Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor