Do several hard nodules in the genital area indicate HPV infection?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 8 May 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I am 54 and over the past year have noticed the presence of several hard BB size nodules just under the skin on the edges of my private area. No pain, discharge, difficulties etc. Just curious. What are they and are they common in other women. AM an RN and know for sure that they are not HPV. please rely to
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Picture is necessary to give good answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Can you please attach a photo of it. Otherwise it will be extremely hard to give valuable answer. Do you shave this area? Since when do you have this nodules?

Nodules in this location, aside from HPV condylomata, can be hair follicle inflammation, ingrown hair, allergic reaction, fungal infection and many more.
For sure nodules which stay unchanged for some time, do not hurt, no discharge, redness, are nothing serious.

This is the best I can tell not being able to see it. Please attach a picture if thats possible.

Regards.