Can genital herpes be contracted through non-penetrative sexual activity?

Dr. Ralph Chambers

Posted on Thu, 8 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: Is it possible to get gential herpes from dry humping meaning the girl was naked but I was fully clothed??
Answered by Dr. Ralph Chambers 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. No, that's not possible

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Genital herpes can only be transmitted by skin to skin contact or with intercourse. And unless one partner had an active outbreak, even skin to skin contact would rarely transmit the virus. In your case, if no part of your genital skin came in contact with her skin, then there's no way you could get genital herpes.

Please let me know if you need any more information.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ralph Chambers 51 minutes later
Know when u say my gentials didn't come in contact with her skin you mean the gential area not her arm or leg for example
Answered by Dr. Ralph Chambers 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi again. Yes, the genital area

Detailed Answer:
It would take some part of your bare skin coming in contact with her genital area to catch herpes, and, again, that could only happen if she had an active outbreak there.
Follow up: Dr. Ralph Chambers 1 hour later
Is the igg type specific test accurate after 9 weeks of last possible exposure
Brief Answer:
Yes it is

Detailed Answer:
Usually seroconversion occurs within 4 weeks of exposure
Follow up: Dr. Ralph Chambers 4 days later
So with all that being said, I am having very sharp pain in my penis and irratation. My inner thighs are tight and and pelvic area in general
Is not feeling very good. It's on and off pain week of pain and then I feel fine for a week. The pain is usually on the bottom of my penis or should I say underneath. And very tender. Please help me
Answered by Dr. Ralph Chambers 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. This doesn't sound like genital herpes

Detailed Answer:
Sorry for the delay. This doesn't sound like herpes at all but to qualm your concerns, you can be screened after six weeks from the contact. I'm sure the screen will be negative
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Ralph Chambers 4 hours later
Again I already have been screened after 6 weeks of exposure and it was negative. But that's not my issue at this point, the sharp pain in my underneath my penis and irratation in my penis and testicles is really bothering me. At times my penis is very tender and it hurts to touch it. I have no itching or anything like that just pain and some irrratation. Even pelvic floor therapy hasn't really helped me at this point.

I also have some, very little , itching on my waistline and underneath my stomach at times.
Answered by Dr. Ralph Chambers 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Then it's probably a prostatitis problem

Detailed Answer:
Hi. Then it sounds like a prostate infection and you should see about a course of antibiotics like Septra or Cipro to clear it. The other possibility would be a kidney stone so I would get a urinalysis and a ct scan of your abdomen and pelvis to look for that
Follow up: Dr. Ralph Chambers 34 minutes later
I have tried cipro in the past for 4 weeks and it did nothing my urologist never mentioned kidney stone. He did a urine sample and found blood and protein in my Urine where he then did a scope on me down there and found nothing and then sent me to pelvic floor therapy

I have had this problem for over a year now.
Brief Answer:
Hi again. I'd switch you to Septra twice a day for a full month

Detailed Answer:
Hello. I would get a urine culture then and switch you to Septra DS twice a day for a month. This could also be interstitial cystitis which is bladder wall inflammation without an infection and it would take a biopsy of your bladder wall to find that