Can acid reflux cause violent chills and rigors?
No. fever needs to be ruled out.
Hello. Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern. No Acid reflux won't cause any such symptoms. Thr chills and rigors are mostly due to fever or any infection. Most commonly it occurs in Urinary tract infection, Malaria, Viral fever.
Acid reflux has no relation with chills and rigors.
My opinion for you is to measure his temperature by a thermometer and specially if he gets such episode again. In case he gets another episode or he has temperature in thermometer, he would require to get investigated. You may give him Paracetamol in case he gets fever or chills again.
I hood it helps. If you have any further query, please ask me.
Get him investigated.
Hello, Yes, he got chills because of some infection. He might have aspirated but chances are very less. Aspiration due to reflux occurs mostly in unconscious patients.
I would advice you to get his Complete Blood Count and Chest X-ray done, if your doctor finds any sign of infection, he will start him on antibiotics.
Till then simply give him Paracetamol whenever she gets fever.
I hope it helps.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the window period for HIV test post exposure?
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Azithral in a child
- Does Bayer Aspirin cause burping?
- What causes clear discharge and strong smelling urine?
- What causes chest pain with normal ECG report?
- Suggest treatment for nausea, stomach pain and loss of appetite
- What causes leg pain in sleep?
- Suggest treatment for hepatitis C in a heart patient
- Suggest treatment for acute bronchitis
- What causes sore neck and heavy head post head oil massage?