Can brain tumor be transmitted through the bites of mosquitoes?

Dr. Ishu Bishnoi

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Infections
Question: Hellow sir, I am XXXX XXXXXXX from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX My question is "can brain tumour be transferred through mosquitoes?"
My neighbour is suffering from brain tumour and there are so many mosquitoes in my area. So, please tell me that brain tumour can be transferred through mosquitoes?
Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Brain tumor can not be transferred

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX XXXXXXX thanks for asking from HCM.

I can understand your concern. Brain tumor can not be transferred through mosquito bite. Even diseases like HIV, bacterial infection can not be transferred because mosquito saliva contains enzymes which kill HIV and bacteria.

Only few parasites and viruses like malaria, dengue can be transferred. Brain tumor is a totally different kind of pathology. It originates on its own (de novo) because of few known factors (radiation, genetic mutations) and most unknown factors. So don't worry at all.

Hope I solved your query. If any doubt, do let me know.
Thanks. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana