Blood and urine test done. What are the findings in the report and treatment required?

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Hello Dr.,
Could you tell by body condition based on my Blood and Urine report. My Blood Glucose levels and Urine Test results are given Below:

Blood Glucose (Fasting): 134 mg%
Blood Glucose (PP): 217 mg%

Blood Urea: 35 mg%
Serum Creatinine: 1.2 mg%
Serum Total Cholesterol : 180 mg%
Serum HDL Cholesterol : 40 mg%
Serum LDL Cholesterol : 91 mg%
Serum VLDL Cholesterol: 49 mg%
Serum Triglycerides : 249 mg%

Urine Examination: Protein: NIL
Glucose (Fasting):NIL
Glucose (PP): +++
urine Deposit : NAD

Please Tell my Condition Now.... Thanks
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 10 minutes later

Review of your reports:

Blood Glucose (Fasting): 134 mg%:High,normal is less then 110

Blood Glucose (PP): 217 mg%:High,normal is less then 140.

Blood Urea: 35 mg%:Fine

Serum Creatinine: 1.2 mg%:fine

Serum Total Cholesterol : 180 mg%:fine

Serum HDL Cholesterol : 40 mg%:bit low

Serum LDL Cholesterol : 91 mg%:fine

Serum VLDL Cholesterol: 49 mg%:ok

Serum Triglycerides : 249 mg%:high

Urine Examination: Protein: NIL

Glucose (Fasting):NIL

Glucose (PP): +++:not normal.

urine Deposit : NAD

Putting all this things together raises strong possibility of diabetes. Please visit a physician or endocrinologist in your city to have proper diagnosis and decide further course of action.

You need some more investigation to confirm that you are diabetic and type of diabetes that you have.

I hope this helps.

Dr.Pragnesh