Are weight gain and bloating after unprotected intercourse suggestive of pregnancy?

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi, my name is XXXX.
I think that I might be pregnant, my boyfriend and me had sex on august 12th and he came inside me. my period also started that day, it started probably 2 or 3 hours before we had sex. My boyfriend thinks that i'm gaining weight, and I feel bloated. I have been making lots of trips to the bathroom and for the last week and half I've been waiting up in the middle of the night just to go to the bathroom and I have never done that before. I have been also constipated and I was having really bad cramps about a week after he came in me. lastnight I noticed that I had a very light pink spotting and I still had it this morning. I got two negative tests, I was told that it might be to early to test and get an actually result. I haven't missed a period yet, as it is supposed to come in about a week.my boobs have also been tender to the touch, and they have never been like this before. another question I have is, if itd be to early for a home pee test, would it be to early for a blood test?
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There are no chances to be pregnant

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query.

While you have been on periods when you have had unprotected intercourse chances to be pregnant are zero.
Hence be calm.

Going to the bathroom so often can be due to urinary infection ,hence go and do a urinalysis ,and use much more fluids and cranberry teas.

Gaining weight and feeling bloating are simply coincidences.

Spotting in the middle of the cycle can be due to ovulation or any genital infection?
Do you have excess vaginal discharges with smell odor?!

Blood test for BHcg can be done early than urine pregnancy test,7-12 after the possible conception .

Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 28 minutes later
I had a milky white discharge but I don't think it has a smell, and I've never had a really light pink discharge every before. ive just had my normal periods

and I have a friend that got pregnant on her period with 3 out of 5 of her kids so it is possible!!!
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Explanation is given below

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear again and thanks for trusting to us.

Milky white vaginal discharge can be due to yeast infection.

While chances to get pregnant on periods are very very low, when intercourse is done in the end of periods and not at the beginning of the periods because it needs time to occur ovulation.
Hence in my opinion there is nothing to worry about.

However as I've already mentioned, blood test for Beta-hCG can be done early than urine pregnancy test, 7-12 after the possible conception.

All the best
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee