Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

how to quit smoking?

one of my friends is wanted to quit smoking but he can't able to do that.could u please help me in this regard? this is some what rediculous....but let me know how many cigarettes can be allowed daily
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  355
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
to quit smoking your friend needs to have a strong will power to quit he can try nicotine chewing gum to help.there is no safe levels of smoking per day. even passive smoking is dangerous and can increase the cancer risk by 30 times, so no active smoking or passive smoking is desirable. it needs a lot of support from family and friends for him to quit smoking
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Any amount though not cancer is not good for cardiac health, gastric issues, etc. Hence it should be as minimal as possible. 2 is fine per day if he does not have BP issue.

Answered: Sat, 9 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor