What does my blood test report indicate?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Fri, 3 Nov 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: hi doctor, I have a history of grand mal seizures and recently had one 3 wks ago at home,next thing I knew I was in the e.r. ,with a suspected dui against me ! my blood work came back neg. for etoh, ! I was currently on Chantix for quitting smoking! can you give me any insight? I am an XXXXXXX veteran veteran, and please need answers! please! sincerely, XXXXXXX vicario
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chantix adverse effects to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

If it wasn't a seizure, it is probably that chantix use may have caused some adverse effects.

Some people may experience psychiatric symptoms such as behavioral changes, agitation, depressed mood, and suicidal behavior while using Chantix.

If the tests were negative about substance abuse and there was no seizure, the cause of the suspected dui is related probably to Chantix use adverse effects.

It is possible also that other drugs that you use to trigger a seizure.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T