What causes parasites to appear from the armpits and nose?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
so I have a parasite problem I feel and see them coming from my armpits little black obes it also feels XXXXXXX I have a big worm moving around my body when I can feel it when I push pretty hard on it another spot in my body cracks like the cracking of the knuckles it could be anywhere just random now I have just pulled what I thought was snot from my nose it really looked like it but I have had the odd worm or two cone from my nose and other parasites only this one looked like a minute piranha when I put the tweezers neat it's mouth it would go to bite it please help me
Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I suggest a few basic investigations

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

Have you ever been investigated for these symptoms? Are there other family members or close contacts who are similarly affected?
I would like to do a skin scraping and perhaps a skin biopsy to rule out common cause like scabies and body live infestations.
Sensation of something crawling under the skin could also be due to organic causes like hypothyroidism, vitamin deficiencies, anemia, underlying diabetes, allergies etc. Therefore I suggest a few basic investigations like CBC, TSH levels, fasting blood sugar levels, Vit B 12 levels, serum ferritin levels.
I would also like to rule out any history of substance abuse like cocaine and amphetamines etc.
Sometimes underlying anxiety, depression or hidden psychiatric illness could also induce this type of sensation. But this possibility is only considered after the organic causes and infestations are ruled out after a thorough history, examination & investigations.