Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

hi i have a cruisiating pain from my right hip

hi i have a cruisiating pain from my right hip down my rt thigh rt to the bk of my rt leg it goes over to my left leg but not into my buttocks or thigh is seems as though its just below my bum part and its there all day/nt i can not walk first thing for a few hrs with out a crutch its been with me for over 12 mths now and it puts me to bed some times during the day i go to my docs and he thinks now it could be my hip rt side i had a fall last april and dont know if its come from then it was not there before what would you be able to put to this thank you barbara daniels
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  12
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Barbara
Welcome to HCM

The description you have provided is suggestive that you are having right sciatic which is the compression of the sciatic nerve due to disc degeneration or trauma which is causing pain downward through out the nerve distribution. It is recommended to visit neurologist for better opinion. An MRI of the lumbosacral region will be quite helpful in your diagnosis. For pain relief you can use Gabapentin and diclofenic sodium.

Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor