Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

How can arthritis and swelling in the right knee and leg be treated?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2015
Answered : 312 Questions
I am in a lot of pain right now.if you recall, I have arthritis, disc problems and my right knee and leg re swollen and painful.I At the moment My lower back-perhaps sciatic nerve- hurts a lot . What can I do? I've just spent a week + in the hospital after my last fall, but all the tests were negative and they will treat me as an outpatient for Physical therapy.
Mon, 14 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow physical therapy and take paracetamol for pain

Detailed Answer:
Dear ma'am,
I remember you very well. You have a very wide combination of conditions, and these all aggravate your well-being.
The fact that you stayed in the hospital for so long, and that you fell some weeks ago, may have exacerbated your arthritis and your sciatic nerve problem. I have already written you to stop taking advil and other NSAIDs, because they hurt your stomach.
So now, the only treatment is physical therapy, and adjusting your weight to fit the healthy BMI. Please, do not underestimate this important part of your treatment!
I would also recommend to visit a rheumatologist and to see your arthritis. It may need specific treatment. New biological drugs are now on the market, and they are working miracles on rheumatic patients.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor