What does burning pain in the left leg while standing indicate?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I get a deep burning pain in my left leg when standing. The pain subsides fairly rapidly after I sit down. What causes this?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probably caused by a stretched nerve!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I have reviewed this information fully. This pain is most likely caused by an overstretched sciatic nerve while standing. This Mandates sitting often to relief the stretch and pain. I will suggest that you go ahead and see a neurologist for further evaluation and management. In most cases, lifestyle modifications consisting mainly in avoiding postures that exert increased stretch on the nerves are encouraged.

I wish you well and feel free to follow up with me if need be.