Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

ear Problem on left side

Hello Doctor, Iam unable to hear properly in left side, suddenly its paining inside. some times if i just tried to expand the ears i can hear. Can you suggest the solution i.e what to be done as soon as possible
Asked On : Wed, 17 Mar 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  477
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

some times if i just tried to expand the ears i can hear- suggests a possibility of ear wax. It can cause pain if its large. You might need cleaning of wax. But diagnosis depends on age too.

Answered: Fri, 19 Mar 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Ashwini Kolur's  Response

I will try my best to answer your query.

It might be due to ear wax, that might be responsible for pain and impaired hearing.
I advice you to see ENT specialist and he will do the needful.

Hope my answer will be helpful for you.

Take care.
Answered: Tue, 29 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Hemanth Vamanshankar's  Response

Hi Rahul,

Welcome to Health care Magic.

Before i answer your queiry, i would like to ask you a few questions rergarding your problem.

What is the duration of your problem? Is there any discharge or itching from your left ear?

Most common cause for your decreased hearing would be ear wax that has not been able to come out naturally. This problem would be worsened if water entered your ears.

Regarding your second complaint, that is pain in the ear, it could be because the wax could have gone deeper in the canal and caused an impaction on the ear drum.

This could be one possibility, or there could also be a superadded infection to the same ear, a condition called otitis externa.

It would be better if you showed this to an ENT specialist to confirm the diagnosis. Wax could me manually removed if soft, or the specialist would advice a course of wax dissolving drops for a week to soften the same.

If there is a superadded infection he would also prescribe an antibiotic ear drop for it.

I hope i have cleared your query.

Your welcome to ask me any doubts regarding the same.

Kind regards,

Dr Hemanth V

Answered: Tue, 29 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor