Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Yeast infection under abdominal fold, used nystatin and triamcinolone

I was put on a cream called nystatin and triamcinolone for a yeast infection under the abdominal fold. However the last time I was in a was sure the PA told me that a creme with a steroid in it was not what you wanted to use. Was wondering if this is right. Just want to get rid of it and over the counter items were not working.
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  491
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
You are right that we don't want to use a cream with a steroid to treat a fungal infection ( yeast is a fungus). Rather than curing it, it will make the infection worse.
You can use Lotrimin cream. It has an anti-fungal drug and does not contain a steroid. It contains clotrimazole which is better than nystatin for treating yeast infections.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Mon, 2 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor