Suggest treatment for persistent yeast infections
I believe it is called candida, what is my best way to proceed. Stop eating anything with yeast?
Thank you, XXXXXXX
Oral fluconazole is needed in this case.
Thank you for asking at HealthcareMagic.
I carefully read your question and understand your concern.
The things you eat not necessarily will have a huge effect on it but having yogurt that is thought to reduce yeast infections.
I understand that it can be so uncomfortable even though it does not seem to be dangerous it can really affect the quality of life.
If you have tried local treatment several times and it goes on to come back then it might be needed to have oral fluconazole. Oral fluconazole is recommended if you get 3 or more yeast infections in a year and by what you say you sound to have had much more. First can be tried a 3-day course with a dose a day and if you see that it still comes back after a while than regular use of oral fluconazole once a week can be considered and is highly effective.
You will need to talk with your doctor on oral fluconazole as it is not over the counter drug and you will need a prescription.
On the other hand, people that have frequent yeast infection need to rule out diabetes as it favors this so please have a check of your sugar levels if you have not done one in the last year.
I hope this is helpful and answers to your question but please feel free to contact me in case more clarification is needed on this.
Antoneta Zotaj, MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for uti and yeast infection
- Suggest treatment for chronic penile yeast infection
- Azo yeast infection treatment
- Treatment for resistant yeast infection
- Suggest treatment for vaginal yeast infection
- Suggest treatment for persistent yeast infection
- Vaginal yeast infections treatments
- Yeast infection treatment
- Metronidazole for yeast infection treatment
- Yeast infection treatment dripping
- What causes an episode of chills, dizziness and focusing issues?
- What causes mildly raised INR level despite taking Warfarin?
- What does the following colposcopy report indicate?
- What do the following ultrasound reports indicate?
- What causes a red rash on the arm?
- What causes diarrhea, severe cramps and bloating?
- Suggest treatment for small bumps between the legs and near the buttocks
- What causes redness in the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for severe joint pain in the knees, elbows and ankles
- Suggest treatment for severe headaches and mouth ulcers while having...